Thursday, July 12, 2007

Since working at STAPLES, I have felt less despressed because I am doing something this summer. Of course, less time spent with my friends, but we are all so busy. I haven't really tested the Rents and stayed out at wee hours in the morning.
Yes, I am a legal adult who can purchase tobacco and alcohol...but I am Asian.

What does that mean?

Well, to make a story short without any detail. I cannot move out of my house until I am married, and (to add more) it does not matter what age you are in a traditional Asian household, you will always be a child who cannot take care of herself. Ha!

As a teenager, I wanted nothing less than to test them and longed to move out of the house. Now, I realize that they have won. I give up until I feel like going out again. It seems that it took them five years...I will do as they please...but not to the full extent. I am an Americanized Asian, who likes the idea of being away from family and visit every once in a while like all you Americans do.

At the age of sixteen, I got a job and worked my ass off, then I stopped.
I wish I never stopped...

No comments: