Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow before V-Day

"i hear and i forget. i see and i believe. i do and i understand." - Confusius

Every time I see the name, I think it's so close to confusion that maybe he was just confused about life in general and somehow his proverbs can be made sense of thousand of years later. Translating from another language to english doesn't make everything sound better. Roughly translating loses it's purpose.

I picked up a book at Barnes & Nobles the other day. I was not looking for anything in particular, well, I decided to look for a cookbook....got it from a different books store...upon arriving home, I decided I needed to return it. I do not need it. I can look up recipes online even though it does not do the food justice. I have to make a French dish for Global Studies this semester. Fun stuff. I don't want to make them damn pancakes everyone always makes, so I decided to look up what normal French people eat...Okay, book store, another bookstore, a return...ah, yes, my original thought...I got a how to live green.

Have you heard? Green is a verb now. I decided to make a little bit of a lifestyle change...since all this change in climate is driving everyone mad...some don't care, but we hope they die first...just kidding. I think maybe if I keep this book something will click...I think it's such a burden. It is habits that are going to be hard. I started doing little things...recycling paper. I would not mind riding a bike around, but I live fifteen minutes for actual town. In any case, not driving is not an option. Paper, paper I can recycle. This new process will be also very expensive, but maybe if I do little baby steps, it will actually make sense enough to work.



It is snowing! And it is sticking! How exciting. It has been close to four years without this much snow. It is pretty pretty white. I just realize and you must think I am idiotic to say this, but the reason it is so bright outside when it is snowing is because white reflect light. Yeah, I know. I learn sometimes. Some information stays. I wonder if I will still have classes since they are later in the afternoon. Most of the snow would have melted away or the "salt-trucks" got to the snow before I get to campus....I suppose this day will have to see.

No comments: